CFP: PR2 Beta Program (Robots at no cost)

CFP: PR2 Beta Program (Robots at no cost)

Steve Cousins
Willow Garage is very excited to announce the unveiling of our PR2
Beta robot. We are also announcing the opening of our PR2 Beta
Program, which will make available approximately ten PR2 Beta robots
at no cost.

http://www.willowgarage.com/pages/pr2-beta-program/cfp

Deadlines
 * Intent to respond: 1 February 2010
 * Proposals due:     1 March 2010

The PR2 is an open and robust robot platform designed from the ground
up for software developers.  The PR2 runs on ROS (Robot Operating
System), and together, these two platforms provide a unique
opportunity for open source software development, research, and
collaboration.

Now that the PR2 Beta production robots are coming off the line, we're
announcing our PR2 Beta Program. This program will, for the first
time, place complete, production PR2 robots beyond the doors of Willow
Garage.

We invite research institutions worldwide to submit proposals that
promise to: enable scientific breakthroughs in personal robotics;
expand the open source robotics community; produce reusable components
and tools; and explore new applications for personal robots.  Our
objective in this PR2 Beta Program is to facilitate progress in the
area of personal robotics, and to develop a world-wide community of
researchers and developers contributing to open source.

Please find the PR2 Beta Program Call for Proposals at:

http://www.willowgarage.com/pages/pr2-beta-program/cfp

We hope that you will read it through and submit a proposal to us at
[hidden email].

We look forward to hearing from you!

The Willow Garage Team