[Discourse.ros.org] [Aerial Vehicles] Certification

[Discourse.ros.org] [Aerial Vehicles] Certification

Florian Friesdorf via ros-users

While I would not expect ROS to be FAA certifiable on its own, I am wondering if any users have ROS implementations that have gone through the FAA certification process.  If so, I would like to get some insight into lessons learned, things to watch out for, etc.  Basically I am trying to get a sense of the potential certifiability of a ROS implementation on large unmanned aerial vehicles.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/certification/1891/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Aerial Vehicles] Certification

Florian Friesdorf via ros-users

Based on my own experience with certification (not of a ROS system), i think it would be very cost-prohibitive to certify a ROS 1-based system.

You might have an easier time with a ROS 2-based system. The software development process has been better tracked.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/certification/1891/2) or reply to this email to respond.