[Discourse.ros.org] [Buildfarm] New release of the ros_buildfarm package (version 1.3.2)

[Discourse.ros.org] [Buildfarm] New release of the ros_buildfarm package (version 1.3.2)

William Woodall via ros-users

I have just released version 1.3.2 of the `ros_buildfarm` package. I want to highlight a few items from the [changelog](https://github.com/ros-infrastructure/ros_buildfarm/blob/master/CHANGELOG.rst):

- update to latest versions of Jenkins plugins (e.g. Groovy 2.0)
- fix using latest Ubuntu Docker images which don't have `locales` installed anymore
- improve reconfigure jobs performance

Happy Building!

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/new-release-of-the-ros-buildfarm-package-version-1-3-2/1749/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Buildfarm] New release of the ros_buildfarm package (version 1.3.2)

William Woodall via ros-users

Can you tell me if https://github.com/ros-infrastructure/buildfarm_deployment still should be able to setup master/slave. Or do you have some insights on the current relationship /buildfarm_deployment <-> /ros_buildfarm.

Greetings!

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/new-release-of-the-ros-buildfarm-package-version-1-3-2/1749/2) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Buildfarm] New release of the ros_buildfarm package (version 1.3.2)

William Woodall via ros-users

While that repository is used to provision the buildfarm machine it hasn't been actively used for a long time. Initially we have provisioned the official buildfarm with those scripts but since then we have only updated it but never used the code to provision a new buildfarm from scratch.

Currently there is some work in progress to update the deployment code to use Xenial (rather than Trusty): https://github.com/ros-infrastructure/buildfarm_deployment/pull/146 The PR is in progress though and I don't think it is ready to be used as-is at the moment (but hopefully soon).

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/new-release-of-the-ros-buildfarm-package-version-1-3-2/1749/3) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Buildfarm] New release of the ros_buildfarm package (version 1.3.2)

William Woodall via ros-users

There are some (minor) issues with the deployment scripts and puppet files that make them not work oob, but those can be addressed / worked around. I have a fork that at least works for me. You can take a look at it and see if there's something there you could use.

The work by Steven to migrate everything to Xenial is shaping up nicely. He's done a good job of cleaning up the puppet files adding proper modules and refactoring.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/new-release-of-the-ros-buildfarm-package-version-1-3-2/1749/4) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Buildfarm] New release of the ros_buildfarm package (version 1.3.2)

William Woodall via ros-users

OK thanks I will have a look at it soon. I noticed the workarounds one has to do to get it working but was wondering if I somehow managed to cause them by myself or if it was in inherent problem. Thanks for the quick answers!

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/new-release-of-the-ros-buildfarm-package-version-1-3-2/1749/5) or reply to this email to respond.