[Discourse.ros.org] [Buildfarm] Ros_buildfarm_config role of "keys" property

[Discourse.ros.org] [Buildfarm] Ros_buildfarm_config role of "keys" property

Florian Friesdorf via ros-users

Hi, I am currently deploying a custom buildfarm, while I seem to get more and more grip of the topic I still have a hard time to understand the role of the public key in **{rosdistro}/{doc|release|source}-build.yaml** in https://github.com/ros-infrastructure/ros_buildfarm_config.
What it is purpose? Is something signed with it? Can you point me to some more information?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-buildfarm-config-role-of-keys-property/1895/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Buildfarm] Ros_buildfarm_config role of "keys" property

Florian Friesdorf via ros-users

The `keys` are inside the `repositories` section. The repositories are the apt repositories that are needed to complete the build. The keys are the GPG public keys to add to apt's trusted keyring. Without the public key for the repository apt cannot securely download packages from the repositories listed. This is the same as if you add a new apt source to any computer you need to both add the source url and add the gpg key as trusted. [Here's it](http://wiki.ros.org/lunar/Installation/Ubuntu#Installation.2BAC8-Ubuntu.2BAC8-Sources.Set_up_your_keys) in the installation instructions. The only difference is that it's pulling the key from the key server by fingerprint instead of passing the whole gpg key directly.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-buildfarm-config-role-of-keys-property/1895/2) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Buildfarm] Ros_buildfarm_config role of "keys" property

Florian Friesdorf via ros-users

Ok thanks for the clarification!

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-buildfarm-config-role-of-keys-property/1895/3) or reply to this email to respond.