[Discourse.ros.org] [Client Libraries] .NET bindings for ROS2

[Discourse.ros.org] [Client Libraries] .NET bindings for ROS2

Mikael Arguedas via ros-users

@firesurfer you are my hero - thanks for developing a C# sharp library for ROS.  Will this be based on .Net Core?

I'm new to ROS and trying to pick up Python but for me, C# is the most beautiful language out there and the IDEs for C# are always great.  Having to learn another language has been putting me off ROS for ages.  Can't wait to test drive your binding.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/net-bindings-for-ros2/460/16) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Client Libraries] .NET bindings for ROS2

Mikael Arguedas via ros-users

@Jay

I'm happy to see that someone is interessted in the C# wrapper. But first - I didn't put any work in this for 2 month or so. It probably won't work out of the box. Also I couldn't get it to work on windows the last time I tried.

Regarding .net core. It is based on the normal .net framework but the classes used should also be available in .net core. So it would just be building against .net core instead of normal .net.

For serious developments I recommend using C++ or Python with ROS2. You will have to put more work into this wrapper before it can be used properly.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/net-bindings-for-ros2/460/17) or reply to this email to respond.