[Discourse.ros.org] [Client Libraries/rosjava] ROS Java & Mind Storm

[Discourse.ros.org] [Client Libraries/rosjava] ROS Java & Mind Storm

Dirk Thomas via ros-users

The Dexter Brick is a great idea. The main constaint of the work is, that I need to use Java 8 and I would like to use ROS for getting access to the accelerators & sensors. Is there another possibility for the hardware? At the moment it should be a testing project

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-java-mind-storm/2271/3) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Client Libraries/rosjava] ROS Java & Mind Storm

Dirk Thomas via ros-users

The BrickPi allows full access to the Mindstorms sensors and motors. It is available [on the Dexter Industries GitHub](https://github.com/DexterInd/BrickPiJava). It does use Pi4J to have access to the GPIO pins needed. This runs under Java 7, but there is a lot of information on Google to get it running under Java 8.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-java-mind-storm/2271/4) or reply to this email to respond.