[Discourse.ros.org] Gazebo differential drive vehicle model

[Discourse.ros.org] Gazebo differential drive vehicle model

ROS Agriculture via ros-users

Hi,

I have followed the instructions reported on https://www.generationrobots.com/blog/en/2015/02/robotic-simulation-scenarios-with-gazebo-and-ros/ in order to create a model for a differential drive vehicle on Gazebo.

However even if I manually publish the commands of the hinges (e.g., for the left wheel hinge, rostopic pub -1 /mybot/leftWheel_effort_controller/command std_msgs/Float64 "data: 1.5") the respective wheel does not rotate and the robot remains still.

The code describing my robot is similar to the one reported in the tutorial.

Does anyone have any idea on how to solve this issue?

Thank you all.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/gazebo-differential-drive-vehicle-model/3052/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] Gazebo differential drive vehicle model

ROS Agriculture via ros-users

Thanks for your question. However we ask that you please ask questions on
http://answers.ros.org following our support guidelines:
http://wiki.ros.org/Support

ROS Discourse is for news and general interest discussions. ROS Answers
http://answers.ros.org/ provides a forum which can be filtered by tags to
make sure the relevant people can find and/or answer the question, and not
overload everyone with hundreds of posts.

[However, you might want to check out http://wiki.ros.org/urdf/Tutorials/Using%20a%20URDF%20in%20Gazebo]

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/gazebo-differential-drive-vehicle-model/3052/2) or reply to this email to respond.