[Discourse.ros.org] [General] 2nd Edition of International Robotics Summer School: RobotCraft 2017
We are pleased to announce the **2nd edition** the international summer course [RobotCraft 2017](http://robotcraft.ingeniarius.pt/site/): Robotics Craftsmanship International Academy, from **3rd of July until 3rd September,** in Coimbra, Portugal. Besides providing a general overview of the science and art behind robotics and teaching the basis, the course have a strong component of **ROS**, starting from the integration of the developed mobile robot during the course, to the high level AI routines implementation in ROS.
The robotics international school is organized by [Ingeniarius, Ltd](http://ingeniarius.pt/) in association with Faculty of Sciences and Technology of University of Coimbra, and the Robotics Group from the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department.
**The course will promote:**
* Concepts and theorems for the introduction to robotics, describing the history of robotics and its evolution;
* Understand the potential use of ROS framework;
* Integration of the developed mobile robot in ROS;
* Development of multi-robots and AI algorithms in ROS;
* Acquire C/C++ programming skills;
* Acquire basic 3D modelling and printing concepts, applied in the design of robotic platforms;
* Acquire basic electromechanical concepts, applied in the development of robotic platforms;
* Understand the potential use of Atmel microcontrollers, using the Arduino platform;
* Understand the use of sensors (e.g., range finders, encoders, cameras) and actuators (e.g., servo motors, stepper motors, DC motors) used in robotics;
* Explore and apply the concepts of networks and different communications architectures to robotics;
* Explore and apply concepts of artificial intelligence in robotics;
* Consolidate concepts learned during the modules for the full design of a mobile robotic platform, including 3D design, electromechanical assembly, low-level and high-level programming, and artificial intelligence.