[Discourse.ros.org] [General] Catkin dependencies

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] Catkin dependencies

Joshua Whitley via ros-users

I'm using rosbag info from the command line but after running sudo apt-get install python-rosinstall it has broken python-rosbag and now I can't get it to reinstall.

sudo apt-get install python-rosbag
 python-rosbag : Depends: python-roslib but it is not going to be installed

sudo apt-get install python-roslib
 python-roslib : Depends: catkin but it is not going to be installed

sudo apt-get install catkin
 catkin : Depends: python-catkin-pkg but it is not going to be installed

sudo apt-get install python-catkin-pkg
python-catkin-pkg is already the newest version (0.3.6-1).

I've tried everything from cleaning, update, removing all ROS packages but it's stuck in circular dependency with catkin.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/catkin-dependencies/2610/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] Catkin dependencies

Joshua Whitley via ros-users

Please ask questions like this on answers.ros.org.

If you ask the question there, you can post a link to it from here, but in the future please refrain from cross posting issues.

Also review our support guidelines:

http://wiki.ros.org/Support

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/catkin-dependencies/2610/2) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] Catkin dependencies

Joshua Whitley via ros-users

forget it, it's a waste of time man. Faster to just reinstall the operating system for the 15th time since ROS is so fragile.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/catkin-dependencies/2610/3) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] Catkin dependencies

Joshua Whitley via ros-users

I'm sorry you feel that way, but as I said, if you would follow the support guidelines I'd try to help you.  If there is an issue with how it is installing for you and you don't take the time to report it correctly (in the right place and with sufficient information to us to help you) then I don't know how you think it will improve.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/catkin-dependencies/2610/4) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] Catkin dependencies

Joshua Whitley via ros-users

I found the answer to my problem http://wiki.ros.org/UpstreamPackages

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/catkin-dependencies/2610/5) or reply to this email to respond.