[Discourse.ros.org] [General] Does ROS 2 works with Windows 7?

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] Does ROS 2 works with Windows 7?

Joshua Whitley via ros-users

just entered this area, and had some troubles installing ROS2 on windows 7, and makes me wonder if ROS supports windows 7?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/does-ros-2-works-with-windows-7/1648/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Does ROS 2 works with Windows 7?

Joshua Whitley via ros-users

Please see the instructions on the wiki: https://github.com/ros2/ros2/wiki

While they still mention Windows 8.1 we are only testing ROS 2 on Windows 10 with Visual Studio 2015. I don't expect any older versions to work.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/does-ros-2-works-with-windows-7/1648/2) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Does ROS 2 works with Windows 7?

Joshua Whitley via ros-users

As @dirk-thomas writes, Win7 is unsupported, but I've done some limited testing and a few weeks ago I was able to get basic stuff working after I installed the required C++ redistributable package on my Win7 x64 installation.

You'll probably be better off with one of the supported OS though.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/does-ros-2-works-with-windows-7/1648/3) or reply to this email to respond.