[Discourse.ros.org] [General] Easy offline Google Maps layer for MapViz

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] Easy offline Google Maps layer for MapViz

Simon Schmeisser (isys vision) via ros-users

Hi! I've made it easier than ever to integrate Google Maps satellite view with MapViz's tile_map plugin. It has support for caching maps for offline use.

Start proxying Google Maps into a WMTS service (with docker):
$ mkdir ~/mapproxy
$ docker run -p 8080:8080 -v ~/mapproxy:/mapproxy -d -t danielsnider/mapproxy

Then put this URL into the MapViz map_tile field "Custom WMTS Source...":

See my github for more details.

I'm thinking of making a wiki tutorial for MapViz about this too.

I welcome your suggestions!

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/easy-offline-google-maps-layer-for-mapviz/1317/1) or reply to this email to respond.