[Discourse.ros.org] [General] NEWS: ROS National Tour Seminar in Korea

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] NEWS: ROS National Tour Seminar in Korea

Dirk Thomas via ros-users

**[ROS National Tour Seminar in Korea]**

'ROS National Tour Seminar' in Korea was held on 21-25 August 2017 at Gwangju, Busan, Daegu, Daejeon, Seoul. More than 540 engineers and students were participated in this event that was organized by ROBOTIS CO., LTD. (directed by Dr. Pyo) and GIST, Dong-A University, Kyungpook National University, KAIST, Seoul National University.

This seminar was aimed at beginners of ROS, and we visited five major cities in Korea: Gwangju, Busan, Daegu, Daejeon and Seoul. Each day we spent 5 hours for the seminar, starting with the installation of ROS and learning about the introduction, features and tools. We then learned the concept of ROS based robot programming and tried various ROS development tools. Then we practiced SLAM, Navigation and Manipulation using ROS, TurtleBot3, OpenManipulator (to be announced at ROSCon2017) on the Gazebo simulator. Finally, in celebration of the 10th anniversary of ROS, we went over the ROS history and talked about future ROS development.

It was truly grateful experience that we were able to share a wonderful time talking about ROS with 540 people in a week.

![ros_seminar_korea(websize)|690x388](upload://zB6O9bbtHxa4C8XMqQi9tWfGbgq.jpg)

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/news-ros-national-tour-seminar-in-korea/2524/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] NEWS: ROS National Tour Seminar in Korea

Dirk Thomas via ros-users

That's great to extend the ROS awareness, BTW, is there any stuff(e.g slides or videos) to share to more ROS users ? thanks !

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/news-ros-national-tour-seminar-in-korea/2524/2) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] NEWS: ROS National Tour Seminar in Korea

Hi @Roser

We share the stuff related to this seminar like below. However, at present, it is unfortunately written in Korean. We will soon translate it into the English version. Also, we are now preparing the free ebook (about 500 page) for ROS beginners and TurtleBot3 users. :slight_smile:

[Tutorials Packages]
 https://github.com/robotpilot/ros-seminar

[Tutorials Packages]
 https://github.com/ROBOTIS-GIT/ros_tutorials