[Discourse.ros.org] [General] ROS Kinetic install in ubuntu 16.04 virtualbox

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] ROS Kinetic install in ubuntu 16.04 virtualbox

Dirk Thomas via ros-users

Is ROS Kinetic supported for  installation in Ubuntu !6.04 virtualbox enviroment ?
I face issue when I source the .bashrc command in the Environment Setup section(1.6) of ROS kinetic installtion wiki.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-kinetic-install-in-ubuntu-16-04-virtualbox/2631/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] ROS Kinetic install in ubuntu 16.04 virtualbox

it works as expected inside my virtual box Version 5.1.24 r117012 (Qt5.6.2)

I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS server and Ubuntu 16.04 studio as guests running at OS X 10.12 host.

What's not working ?
Have you tried to exec: $source /opt/ros/kinetic/setup.bash manually ?
Do you using another default shell ?

Cheers
Chrimo

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-kinetic-install-in-ubuntu-16-04-virtualbox/2631/2) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] ROS Kinetic install in ubuntu 16.04 virtualbox

@sagniknitr Please ask questions on  http://answers.ros.org following our [Support policy](http://wiki.ros.org/Support)

We use ROS Discourse for news, announcements and discussions and ask people to also use the categories to allow people to subscribe to just their areas of interest.

@Christian_Mock and everyone else, Please help by redirecting people instead of answering here in the high volume forum. You can add helpful suggestions with the redirection.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-kinetic-install-in-ubuntu-16-04-virtualbox/2631/3) or reply to this email to respond.