[Discourse.ros.org] [General] ROS Kinetic install ubuntu17.04

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] ROS Kinetic install ubuntu17.04

Charles Fox via ros-users

I am using ubuntu 16.04.3 and I have a problem with installing ROS. When I update and install ros-kinetic-desktop-full it says unable to locate package ros-kinetic-desktop-full. Can someone help me with this![Screenshot from 2017-09-27 10-54-25|690x262](upload://bV5aeygmWmBNxLpNFBdZRUCOJXs.png)

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-kinetic-install-ubuntu17-04/2771/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] ROS Kinetic install ubuntu17.04

Charles Fox via ros-users

Yes, afaik there's no way to install ros kinetic on 16.04.  Your choice is
to either change ubuntu versions, or to install ros lunar instead.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-kinetic-install-ubuntu17-04/2771/2) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] ROS Kinetic install ubuntu17.04

Charles Fox via ros-users

There's some confusion between 16.04 and 17.04 in the title and the postings. To clarify:

* kinetic binaries are available on 16.04
* lunar binaries are available on 16.04, 16.10, 17.04
* you can [install kinetic from source](http://wiki.ros.org/kinetic/Installation/Source) on 17.04, but the other two options are much easier

BTW, please ask this kind of questions on https://answers.ros.org.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-kinetic-install-ubuntu17-04/2771/3) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] ROS Kinetic install ubuntu17.04

Charles Fox via ros-users

thank you. Am new to this and shall maintain the relevance of threads here after.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-kinetic-install-ubuntu17-04/2771/4) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] ROS Kinetic install ubuntu17.04

Charles Fox via ros-users

@Teja_K Please ask your questions in a single place (and not [multiple threads](https://discourse.ros.org/t/free-ros-basic-course-from-robocademy-com/2720/2)) at answers.ros.org as per our [support guidelines](http://wiki.ros.org/Support). we try to keep discourse for announcements to the entire community.

Kinetic doesnt support any ubuntu distribution after 16.04 so it is expected that you cannot install it on Zesty, only Lunar provides binaries for Ubuntu Zesty. Please refer to [REP 3](http://www.ros.org/reps/rep-0003.html#kinetic-kame-may-2016-may-2021) to know what platforms are supported for each ROS distributions

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-kinetic-install-ubuntu17-04/2771/5) or reply to this email to respond.