[Discourse.ros.org] [General] ROS Lunar Loggerhead Beta has begun
Dear ROS users,
The beta for Lunar has begun!
Thanks to all of our contributors and maintainers who made this possible.
ros-lunar-desktop-full is available on Ubuntu Zesty (17.04), Yakkety (16.10), Xenial (16.04) and Debian Stretch. So take a moment to be an upstanding member of the ROS community
- sudo apt-get install ros-lunar-desktop-full
- Try testing out packages you regularly use that are available in the beta.
- Report any bugs you find on the issue tracker for the package (usually
available on the packge for a package on wiki.ros.org).
- Try out documentation, tutorials, and generated documentation and fix
issues on the Wiki.
- If you are a package maintainer, continue releasing packages, fixing
issues wherever possible, and checking your package documentation. The
Lunar beta is the best time to change API or change the behavior of your
code, but don't forget to update the Migration page if you do:
http://wiki.ros.org/lunar/Migration To know if your package can be released see the [blocked_releases status page](http://repositories.ros.org/status_page/blocked_releases_lunar.html?s=6&r=1)
May 23rd, World Turtle Day, is still our official release date for ROS
Lunar and we are on track to meeting it! So mark it down into your
calendar, and if you're a maintainer, plan to finish your releases before
then to leave some breathing room.