[Discourse.ros.org] [General] ROS for Ubuntu 16.04

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] ROS for Ubuntu 16.04

Joshua Whitley via ros-users

1.How to install ROS Indigo in Ubuntu 16.04?? I know it's officially not supported.
2.Does ROS Kinetic has moveit prebuilt? If not, how to install it?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-for-ubuntu-16-04/1735/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] ROS for Ubuntu 16.04

Joshua Whitley via ros-users

The best way would be to use Docker. Alternatively, you may be able to compile Indigo from source on 16.04, but I suspect you'll need to make changes. Why not just use Kinetic?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-for-ubuntu-16-04/1735/2) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] ROS for Ubuntu 16.04

Joshua Whitley via ros-users

@Robita Please ask questions on http://answers.ros.org as per our Support policy: http://wiki.ros.org/Support

I have moved your post off of the categorization of General category so as not to send notifications to everyone subscribed to our announcement's category.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-for-ubuntu-16-04/1735/3) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] ROS for Ubuntu 16.04

Joshua Whitley via ros-users

@EVenator I am trying to install ROS kinetic but every time it got stuck after 90-94% installation..

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-for-ubuntu-16-04/1735/4) or reply to this email to respond.