[Discourse.ros.org] [General] ROS with Google Summer of Code 2019?

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] ROS with Google Summer of Code 2019?

Risto Kojcev via Discourse.ros.org via ros-users

Hello ,
I've heard GSoC 2019 will accept Registration in this coming March 26. I'm interested and wanna apply to this program. But, as my programming experiences , I was more familiar with ROS than other programming fields(like Android,Web,etc) because I'm a Mechanical Engineer. I searched on GSoC proposals about ROS and I found posts (dealing with MoveIt! & GSoC) in here. Exactly , it gave me hope :smile:

So, may I know if any chance for ROS + GSoC collaboration this year and is there anyone who participated in GSoC with ROS projects ? (I wanna ask about experiences) Thanks a lot.

With Respect ,
Paing
Myanmar

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-with-google-summer-of-code-2019/8108/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] ROS with Google Summer of Code 2019?

Risto Kojcev via Discourse.ros.org via ros-users

Hi Paing,

I believe you already found it but here's the link with the ideas for the 2019 GSoC:

https://github.com/osrf/osrf_wiki/wiki/GSoC

If ROS is your interest, we're proposing some MoveIt! and ROS infrastructure projects.

I'll defer to other folks to talk about the experiences from previous years.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-with-google-summer-of-code-2019/8108/2) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] ROS with Google Summer of Code 2019?

Risto Kojcev via Discourse.ros.org via ros-users

Hello , Caguero
Thanks for your reply . I've already read that link and it's really helpful documentation. I found various ideas but unfortunately only two ideas with Python. I've a (very) little experience in C++. But I'll try my best to apply this program and I would like to know do I've a chance to apply to more than one project ideas ? :sweat_smile:

With Respects,
Paing
Myanmar

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-with-google-summer-of-code-2019/8108/3) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] ROS with Google Summer of Code 2019?

Risto Kojcev via Discourse.ros.org via ros-users

Definitely, you can apply to multiple ideas and projects. My suggestion is to stay in touch with the potential mentors, get familiar with the project, and even make a small contribution.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-with-google-summer-of-code-2019/8108/4) or reply to this email to respond.