[Discourse.ros.org] [General] Running ROS across multiple machines is failed

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] Running ROS across multiple machines is failed

Ahmed Ali via ros-users

Hi All,

I am trying to run  ROS across 2 machines, master is starting with out any issues when I tried to run listener getting below errors.

**root@test:/opt/ros/indigo# rosrun rospy_tutorials listener.py**
**[rospack] Error: package 'rospy_tutorials' not found**
**find: '': No such file or directory**

I have followed below procedures.

System 1-
setting static IP-
ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0
route add default gw 192.168.0.1 dev eth0

export ROS_IP=192.168.0.1
export ROS_HOSTNAME=192.168.0.1

roscore &

export ROS_MASTER_URI=http://192.168.0.1:11311/
rosrun rospy_tutorials listener.py

System-2

setting static IP-
ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.2 netmask 255.255.255.0
route add default gw 192.168.0.2 dev eth0

export ROS_IP=192.168.0.2
export ROS_HOSTNAME=192.168.0.2

export ROS_MASTER_URI=http://192.168.0.1:11311/
rosrun rospy_tutorials talker.py

Note: I could able to ping between system 1 & 2.

Kindly help us to debug this issue in my setup.

Kindly let me know if you need any more information,

Regards
Bharath

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/running-ros-across-multiple-machines-is-failed/3601/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] Running ROS across multiple machines is failed

Ahmed Ali via ros-users

Thanks for your question. However we ask that you please ask questions on http://answers.ros.org following our support guidelines: http://wiki.ros.org/Support

ROS Discourse is for news and general interest discussions. [ROS Answers](http://answers.ros.org) provides a forum which can be filtered by tags to make sure the relevant people can find and/or answer the question, and not overload everyone with hundreds of posts.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/running-ros-across-multiple-machines-is-failed/3601/2) or reply to this email to respond.