[Discourse.ros.org] [General] What do people think of the RoboWare IDE?

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] What do people think of the RoboWare IDE?

Mikael Arguedas via ros-users

Hi, I'm Jeff, software engineer from Tonyrobotics. As an IDE, RoboWare provides features such as auto-completion, go-to-definition, breakpoint, debugging, etc., which is suitable for ROS beginners and is easy to install without additional configuration. When handling ROS packages and nodes, it can help you do a lot of work under the hood, eliminating the hassle of typing commands and manually modifying files. As Lentin says, RoboWare starts ROS  commands in a graphical way, and it's a great convenience for beginners who aren't familiar with Linux. We may not be paying much attention to the Python problem before, we will improve it later. In addition, ROS is safe, we have a plan for its open source. Thank you for your attention, welcome your feedback to help us make RoboWare better!

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/what-do-people-think-of-the-roboware-ide/3322/3) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] What do people think of the RoboWare IDE?

Mikael Arguedas via ros-users

Thanks for the reply Jeff, and thanks for developing this tool. I can really see its benefits in making ROS more widely accessible. If I install RoboWare will I be still capable of working with ROS in the traditional way through the shell?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/what-do-people-think-of-the-roboware-ide/3322/5) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] What do people think of the RoboWare IDE?

Mikael Arguedas via ros-users

Sure, of course you can. Everything is just the same as the native way. The only side effect of RoboWare is that there will be several folders being generated in the workspace root. By the way, RoboWare also has an integrated terminal, you can run commands in it.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/what-do-people-think-of-the-roboware-ide/3322/6) or reply to this email to respond.