[Discourse.ros.org] [General] When can we use ROS answer?

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] When can we use ROS answer?

Pito Salas via ros-users

ROS answer has closed for about a week..
I think it is too long to do maintenance for a website.
I want to search some information in answer.
Thus, I wonder when we can use answer function.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/when-can-we-use-ros-answer/3428/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] When can we use ROS answer?

Pito Salas via ros-users

True. I also saw the same thing. Is there any information on why ROS answers is down ?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/when-can-we-use-ros-answer/3428/2) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] When can we use ROS answer?

Pito Salas via ros-users

There is already a [thread](https://discourse.ros.org/t/answers-ros-org-the-system-is-down/3412) about this. And as stated there, please follow updates on https://status.ros.org/

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/when-can-we-use-ros-answer/3428/3) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] When can we use ROS answer?

Pito Salas via ros-users

The information on the status page is completely incorrect though:

> ... degraded performance expected for a day or two ...

But the page is actually completely unavailable for a much longer time.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/when-can-we-use-ros-answer/3428/4) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] When can we use ROS answer?

Pito Salas via ros-users

Okay thank you so much

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/when-can-we-use-ros-answer/3428/5) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] When can we use ROS answer?

Pito Salas via ros-users

ROS tutorials were also down for a few days and the quaternion tutorial vanished. I'm guessing it is the newest and wasn't backed up like the rest.

[http://wiki.ros.org/ROS/Tutorials](http://wiki.ros.org/ROS/Tutorials)

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/when-can-we-use-ros-answer/3428/6) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] When can we use ROS answer?

Pito Salas via ros-users

As far as I know the wiki has been unaffected. @tfoote?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/when-can-we-use-ros-answer/3428/7) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] When can we use ROS answer?

Pito Salas via ros-users

@AndyZe it looks like you added the Quaternion tutorial:

http://wiki.ros.org/action/diff/ROS/Tutorials?action=diff&rev1=192&rev2=193

And redid the link here:

http://wiki.ros.org/action/diff/ROS/Tutorials?action=diff&rev1=193&rev2=194

Sometime in August, is it possible it's been broken a while and is unrelated to this?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/when-can-we-use-ros-answer/3428/8) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] When can we use ROS answer?

Pito Salas via ros-users

I edited it, like, last week and it was still fine at that point.?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/when-can-we-use-ros-answer/3428/9) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] When can we use ROS answer?

Pito Salas via ros-users

NVM, I see that TF moved it. Will update links to it tomorrow.

[http://wiki.ros.org/tf2/Tutorials/Quaternions](http://wiki.ros.org/tf2/Tutorials/Quaternions)

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/when-can-we-use-ros-answer/3428/10) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] When can we use ROS answer?

Pito Salas via ros-users

Want to know when we can use answer function.  Is there a clear time that we can use ROS answer? thanks

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/when-can-we-use-ros-answer/3428/11) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] When can we use ROS answer?

Pito Salas via ros-users

[quote="wjwwood, post:7, topic:3428, full:true"]
As far as I know the wiki has been unaffected. @tfoote?
[/quote]
Yes, the issues with answers.ros.org should not effect wiki.ros.org.

[quote="AndyZe, post:10, topic:3428, full:true"]
NVM, I see that TF moved it. Will update links to it tomorrow.

http://wiki.ros.org/tf2/Tutorials/Quaternions
[/quote]

+1 Thanks!

[quote="sean, post:11, topic:3428, full:true"]
Want to know when we can use answer function.  Is there a clear time that we can use ROS answer? thanks
[/quote]

We cannot make any promises about when answers will be back online. The process of recovering the database is iterative and does not have clear progress indicators or metrics.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/when-can-we-use-ros-answer/3428/12) or reply to this email to respond.