[Discourse.ros.org] [General] World MoveIt! Day 2017 - October 18th!

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] World MoveIt! Day 2017 - October 18th!

William Woodall via ros-users

![world_moveit_day_2017|690x322](upload://jqhsUSkaa4W3gwLA8sCgJv8oNA8.png)

Were excited to announce that this years World MoveIt! Day will be Wednesday October 18th! The event is a day long international hackathon to improve the MoveIt! code base, documentation, and community. We hope to close as many pull requests and issues as possible and explore new areas of features and improvements for the now five year old framework.

We will be having many event locations including:

* Verb Surgical, San Francisco Bay Area
* Magazino, Munich, Germany
* Southwest Research Institute, San Antonio, USA
* Xamla Robotics (PROVISIO GmbH), Mnster, Germany
* ROS-Industrial Asian Pacific Consortium, Singapore (THURSDAY OCTOBER 19th)
* PickNik Robotics (Univ. Colorado), Boulder, USA
* Shadow Robot Company, London, UK

You are encouraged to have your own event in your lab/organization/company and video conference in to all the other events.

For more details, see [the event page](http://moveit.ros.org/events/world-moveit-day-2017/).

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/world-moveit-day-2017-october-18th/2827/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] World MoveIt! Day 2017 - October 18th!

William Woodall via ros-users

Hi, World MoveIt! Day members.
I'm @youtalk from ROS Japan Users Group.

One of our members @longjie (from [Tokyo Opensource Robotics Kyokai, TORK](http://opensource-robotics.tokyo.jp/?lang=en)) makes a Japanese local event "World MoveIt! Day Tokyo."
We're also going to say hello to ROS-Industrial Asian Pacific Consortium, Singapore during this event.

https://rosjp.connpass.com/event/68964/

Please append this event to the list of [the main event page](http://moveit.ros.org/events/world-moveit-day-2017/) if you can.

- Location: [Tokyo, Japan](http://league-brands.jp/location/yurakucho/)
- Date: 11AM to 6PM Oct. 19th JST
- Main Organizer: [Tokyo Opensource Robotics Kyokai, TORK](http://opensource-robotics.tokyo.jp/?lang=en)

Thank you.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/world-moveit-day-2017-october-18th/2827/2) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] World MoveIt! Day 2017 - October 18th!

William Woodall via ros-users

Hi Dave,
as I (Ricardo) expressed to you during the ROSCON, we would like participate in the World MoveIt! day.

We have created a webinar for the purpose, with the following details:

* In this event we will teach attendants how to use MoveIt! for controlling an industrial robot with ROS.
* All the attendants will have full free access to the [Robot Ignite Academy](http://www.robotigniteacademy.com) during the event. We will use that platform to do the exercises online, so the attendants will be able to practice with MoveIt! and ROS industrial, ask questions, receive help and support, all while listening to the webinar.
* To attend, you only need a computer with a web browser (Chrome and Firefox supported, other may work).
* You can attend the event[ following this link](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPJsNqZdm6E).

Please append this event to the list of the main event page if you can.

* Location:[ online event](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPJsNqZdm6E), the whole world!
* Date: 18PM to 20PM Oct. 18th CET
* Main Organizer: [The Construct](http://www.theconstructsim.com)

Thank you.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/world-moveit-day-2017-october-18th/2827/3) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] World MoveIt! Day 2017 - October 18th!

William Woodall via ros-users

Hi, World MoveIt! Day members.

Im Pyo, ROBOTIS and ROS Korea Users Group.
We also hope to join the 'World MoveIt! Day 2017' event.

World MoveIt! Day 2017 Seoul > https://onoffmix.com/event/115266

Please append this event to the list of [the main event page](http://moveit.ros.org/events/world-moveit-day-2017/) if you can.

* Location: Seoul, Korea
* Date: 11AM to 06PM Oct. 19th UTC
* Main Organizer: [ROBOTIS](http://en.robotis.com/index/)

Thank you. :slight_smile:

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/world-moveit-day-2017-october-18th/2827/4) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [General] World MoveIt! Day 2017 - October 18th!

William Woodall via ros-users

World MoveIt! Day 2017 Seoul
with ROS Korea Users Group and ROBOTIS.

![20171019_110126|666x500](upload://yyC10p8MeWd30WljXXCZQGxOZmK.jpg)![20171019_112805|666x500](upload://yGwjrpmlrrss8uVYhcFNNupv0t3.jpg)![20171019_110155|666x500](upload://gLS8GzBMC2q3775yQnArBpznfBw.jpg)![20171019_110138|666x500](upload://lOLptXWRwyFxzG3zrDLugNRn5Xd.jpg)![20171019_110131|666x500](upload://nfvyVWtMIfMVnN2eGh2ht7TLEFQ.jpg)![20171019_112741|666x500](upload://baOD1mrRDM9SvQfcznNcHa4pv1Z.jpg)

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/world-moveit-day-2017-october-18th/2827/5) or reply to this email to respond.