[Discourse.ros.org] [Humanoids] JSK's use of humanoids

[Discourse.ros.org] [Humanoids] JSK's use of humanoids

Dirk Thomas via ros-users

@k-okada Regarding improving KDL kinematics for trees, are you aware of this extension of KDL from Leuven?

https://github.com/eaertbel/expressiongraph

I have been using this library on our robots, and found it pretty useful.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/jsks-use-of-humanoids/2107/3) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Humanoids] JSK's use of humanoids

Dirk Thomas via ros-users

That looks like an interesting library. However it's licensing under the EUPL will mean that a large part of the ROS community will be unwilling to use the package due to strong copyleft. This makes it unsuitable for integration as a core tool.

From: https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/community/eupl/news/eupl-or-gplv3-comparison-table-main-characteristics-and-differences

> 2. Version 1.1 of the licence was published recently. Why this update?
> In response to the comments and reactions received on v.1.0, the Commission provided some minor clarifications to avoid interpretation problems. Fundamentally however, no big difference between v.1.0 and v1.1 exist, only the drafting has been improved without affecting the spirit of the licence.
> A clarification worth mentioning is the modification of article 1 to improve the management of on-line activities such as Application Service Providers (ASP) or Software as a Service (SaaS). These activities have been more explicitly included in the scope of the copyleft effect: the EUPL could therefore be described as an affero-like licence (AGPLv3)

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/jsks-use-of-humanoids/2107/4) or reply to this email to respond.