**Who we are?**
InnoTecUK are active in a number of UK and EU funded R&D projects and provide technology funding consultancy services for industrial clientele. We are also developing our own robot products in niche and emerging robot markets.
Our working environment is fast-paced with 25 dynamic personnel of differing nationalities. We are united in our enthusiasm to develop state-of-the-art robotics.
We are located amongst beautiful English countryside with the added bonus of being minutes away from Cambridge City, renowned for academia and innovation.
We are seeking 6 engineers to start as soon as possible, whom meet the skills and experience criteria as per job specification attached.
**What we want?**
InnoTecUK is a dynamic and growing robotics design and consultancy company based in Cambridge, UK. We are active in a number of UK and EU funded R&D projects and developing robot products in niche and emerging robot markets. Examples include:
1. Climbing robots for non-destructive testing in hazardous environments such as wind turbines and inspecting oil tanks
2. Underwater inspection of risers in off shore oil and gas installations
3. Assistive wearable exoskeletons for supporting daily living activities of the elderly
4. Condition monitoring of aerospace and rail structures and systems, etc.
We are looking for self-motivated and ROS experienced engineers in robotics and related technical areas with strong practical competencies to accelerate the impact of our work in new and challenging real-world application scenarios. You will be responsible for developing and/or researching robot components and sub-systems with a focus on ROS-centred design and how these may be integrated into full robots and robotics systems for our customers. This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UKs premier established SMEs (set up in 2009) and currently focusing on hazardous and service robot domains and likely to evolve into medical robot sectors. You will be working with our technical and product development teams specialising in detailed mechanism and systems design to meet emerging regulatory requirements especially for close human-robot collaboration applications.
Role and Responsibilities
Contribute to and/or lead R&D project teams to design and develop needed ROS-based robotised solutions for the real-world problems
Support technical developments as needed and produce documents, presentations, project plans, etc. as required
Test and validate designs/ solutions developed
Troubleshoot a wide-variety of issues which might occur and the necessary remedial steps needed in the various sub-systems of the robots (hardware and software)
Collaborate with various teams to maintain coherent approach to robot system development within the company and in the external partnerships
Collaborate with partners as needed for progressing project work plans, attending meetings, etc.
Travel to partner and customer sites as needed
Qualifications and Experience:
1. Excellent first degree in Mechanical, Electronics, Mechatronics, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
2. Masters or PhD degree in Robotics or Control covering theory and practical aspects
3. Significant experience of robots and robotic systems design covering as many phases of the full robot design cycle covering the following parts:
formulating design specifications via detailed modelling and simulations and engagement with end users
performing conceptual designs to identify best option to pursue with experimental testing to assess key parts
performing detailed design of option selected
Build and alpha test prototypes
Refine and finalise prototype designs for beta testing
4. Deep understanding and experience of ROS using C++ and/or Python in Linux platforms.
5. Knowledge of using Gazebo simulation to test robotic designs in virtual environment.
6. Familiarity with version control systems (Git preferred)
7. Understand and be able to implement details of specific technical implementations for realising working robot systems such as, robot kinematics and dynamics, motion control, 2D/3D computer vision (OpenCV), localisation and navigation, motion control, machine learning (Matlab and/or Python), and perception and situation awareness
8. Knowledge of specific applications sectors would be an advantage, e.g. NDT applications, human biomechanics, robot safety regulations, medical robots, wearable exoskeletons, etc.
9. Strong communicator (English), additional language skills are welcome
Competitive salary based on merit and reviewed annually
Company Pension Scheme
25 days annual holidays plus public holidays
To apply please send your CV highlighting ROS Robotics Engineers in the subject line to: [hidden email]
Applications should be made as soon as possible and will be processed at the earliest convenience. The call will remain open until all suitable appointments have been made.
Informal enquiries may be made to
Professor Gurvinder S Virk
Email: [hidden email]
Innovative Technology and Science Limited
North Wing, Old Livery, Hildersham Road, Cambridge CB21 6DR, UK.
Innovative Technology and Science Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/experienced-ros-robotics-engineers-cambridge-uk/1951/1) or reply to this email to respond.
If you do not want to receive messages from ros-users please use the unsubscribe link below. If you use the one above, you will stop all of ros-users from receiving updates.
ros-users mailing list
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|