[Discourse.ros.org] [Jobs] Open position: Aerial Robotics Researcher @ EURECAT
The Autonomous Systems group of Eurecat Technology Center (Barcelona) is looking for a highly motivated researcher to work in the area of aerial robotics. Our group is currently very actively working in synergy with clients on the use of autonomous drones in several applications related to infrastructure inspection and logistics. We also continue to be very active in the framework of several European and national research projects. We are seeking to strength the scientific background of the group in this domain.
Aerial Robotics Researcher
We are looking for highly-skilled roboticists to complete our robotics team. The candidate shall work on both private and public projects (national and European research projects) dealing with aerial robots. The main responsibilities will focus on the scientific contribution and technological developments of our aerial robotics research, for example:
* Infrastructure inspections with Micro-Aerial Vehicles (MAV) (indoors and outdoors) with special focus on confined GNSS-denied scenarios: galleries, sewers, plants, etc.
* Sensor-based odometry, SLAM and navigation for both Micro-Aerial Vehicles (MAV) in logistics, factories and other industrial applications such as transport, monitoring, etc.
Required skills for both job offers:
* PhD (or MSc plus equivalent experience) in Robotics or related disciplines
* Strong scientific background in aerial robots, mostly multirotors
* Strong scientific background in at least one of the following: SLAM and localization, deep learning, path planning, vision-based robotics and 3D perception.
* Knowledge about ROS (Robot Operating System) and Computer Vision.
* Advanced experience with C++, reusable code and software documentation.
* Team spirit and ability to work independently.
* Excellent communication skills, flexibility and creativity.
* Very good knowledge of English is required.
The job positions are available immediately and are on permanent basis. Salary to be negotiated.
Send the CV and motivation letter as a single PDF by email to [hidden email]
Internship positions also available under request.