[Discourse.ros.org] [Jobs] ROS Software Engineer - Salvador (Brazil)
I have worked as robotics researcher for a company in Salvador-Bahia, Brazil, where we create robots for Oil & Gas, Mining and Energy industries. Recently we have developed the FlatFish project, a resident AUV dedicated to inspect subsea structures in Oil & Gas assets (for further details, please see [video](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQO8sxjQsAM)).
We have a young and motivated team, with approx. 50 people and we are growing fast. Therefore, we are seeking a skilled C++/Python software developer for a new project with experience in ROS and practical experience in Robotics.
Your main activities are:
* Develop and test software for our robot in C++/Python using ROS;
* Develop missing features in Gazebo to properly simulate our robot;
* Software integration;
* Being part of our team, assisting colleagues, peer reviewing code and spreading the knowledge.
What we expect from you:
* Bachelor or MSc in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field;
* Strong experience in ROS;
* Experience with Gazebo;
* Solid C++/Python programming in Linux;
* Practical robotics experience;
* Fluency in English;
* Availability for traveling.
Nice to have, abilities with the following tools:
* Computer Vision skills