[Discourse.ros.org] [Jobs] Research associates in the Robot and Assistive Systems Department @Fraunhofer IPA, Stuttgart, Germany
**Research associate in the Robot and Assistive Systems Department**
With over 60 employees, the "Robot and Assistive Systems" Department designs robots and automation solutions for industrial applications and the service sector. Key technologies are developed and translated into innovative industrial robots, service robots and intelligent machines. The key technologies we research include open-loop/feedback control systems, drive technology, mobile navigation, sensor data processing (especially image processing), safe/intuitive human-robot interaction as well as the application of machine learning techniques to robot systems. Further details about the department are available at the following link:
* Publication of results at scientific conferences
* Work on a doctoral project is desirable and will be supported
**What we expect from you**
* Masters degree with Merit from a typical MINT course
* Very good knowledge of English
* Ideally, initial experience in robotics or automation engineering
* You enjoy scientific work and have the ability to solve problems in a structured way
* Naturally, you impress with your self-assurance, creativity, ambition and enthusiasm for high-tech
* You aspire to management responsibility
**What you can expect from us**
* We offer you interesting activities in applied research and development in close contact with industry
* Freedom to implement innovative ideas
* A professional working environment in committed teams
* Excellent array of machines and equipment
* Personal advancement with the possibility of a doctorate at the University of Stuttgart and leadership development
* Unique support towards launching your own start-up
Appointment, remuneration and social security benefits based on the public-sector collective wage agreement (TVD). Additionally Fraunhofer may grant performance-based variable remuneration components.
In case of identical qualifications, preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft is committed to providing equal career opportunities for men and women.
Fraunhofer is Europes largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to peoples needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on peoples lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.