The Institute of Networked and Embedded Systems at the University of Klagenfurt has an opening for a research staff member position in the field of industrial sensor networks (UWB technology).
**Your work will comprise:**
* Research in wireless, networked sensor systems for industrial applications: communications protocols, ultra-wideband (UWB) communications, and experimental performance analysis
* Dedicated participation in a third party funded research project in cooperation with two companies and three research organizations
* Independent research with the aim to submit a PhD dissertation
* Student mentoring
The research group works on the design, modeling and analysis of future systems for mobile and wireless communications as well as for robotic and drone systems. We furthermore address interdisciplinary questions in the field of self-organization and network theory.
Our team is very international, diverse, and committed to quality research and teaching. The offices and laboratories are located in the well-equipped Lakeside Science & Technology Park. Working language is English. The institute cooperates with national and international partners in research and industry. It is part of the research cluster Lakeside Labs (self-organizing networked systems) and the Karl-Popper-Kolleg Networked Autonomous Aerial Vehicles.
The University of Klagenfurt is a young and vibrant campus university and hosts approximately 10,000 students. It is located in the southern part of Austria, a region with outstanding quality of life at the intersection of Alpine and Mediterranean culture which is underlined also by our motto overcoming borders.
* A university degree (Master or Dipl.-Ing.) in the field of electrical engineering, computer engineering, ICT, telematics, communications engineering, telecommunications or technical informatics graded with good. Studies have to be concluded before 1 March 2018.
* Fluent in written and spoken English
* Experience in two or more of the following fields of mobile communications, communications protocols, communications engineering, experimental performance analysis and sensor networks
* Profound programing skills in C/C++
* social and communicative competences
* first relevant scientific publications (beyond the master thesis)
* relevant international experience
* knowledge in UWB communications
The annual gross salary is Euro 38.654 (40 hours weekly according to Uni-KV: B1). It might be increased depending on previous experience. Employment is for now limited to 1.5 years and intended to be commenced as soon as possible.
The university strives at raising the number of female scientific staff members and therefore specifically invites women to apply. In case of equal qualifications, women will receive priority consideration.
Please address applications including the usual documents by 31 December 2017 to Univ.-Prof. Dr. Christian Bettstetter and send a single PDF file to his secretary ([hidden email]). Further information regarding the Institute can be found on our website https://nes.aau.at.
Travel expenses in connection with the application procedure cannot be reimbursed.
Christian Bettstetter, Professor
Institute of Networked and Embedded Systems
University of Klagenfurt, Austria
Address: Lakeside B02, 9020 Klagenfurt
PhoneNo: +43-463-2700-3640 or -3641
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/researcher-phd-student-position-in-industrial-uwb-networks/3223/1) or reply to this email to respond.
If you do not want to receive messages from ros-users please use the unsubscribe link below. If you use the one above, you will stop all of ros-users from receiving updates.
ros-users mailing list
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|