[Discourse.ros.org] [Jobs] Robotics Software Engineer at Square Robot
[Square Robot, Inc.](http://www.squarerobots.com/) is looking for a passionate and experienced Robotics Software Engineer to join our small and hands-on team in Boston. Located in the new [MassRobotics](https://www.massrobotics.org/) Innovation Hub, we are developing an autonomous infrastructure inspection system for submerged oil and gas applications. Our system will reduce human intervention, increase operational efficiency and enhance safety, all while reducing cost.
* Designing and authoring error and fault-tolerant drivers for various hardware devices
* Implementing applications for robot behavior such as navigation, task execution and monitoring, path planning, obstacle avoidance, etc.
* Helping to design and implement the overall software system architecture
* Building tools for internal analysis
* Improving and iterating upon the CI and test infrastructure
* Investigating and exploring the use of existing software as solutions
* Implementing graphical interfaces for user interaction and for data visualization
* Designing and implementing methodologies for managing and configuring our robot fleet and the data it generates
* Participating in field work and testing
* Inter-disciplinary collaboration with Electrical and Mechanical Engineering teams
* BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Robotics, or a related field
* 2+ years of professional software engineering experience
* 2+ years experience developing C++ and Python on a Linux Platform
* Experience with ROS, and knowledge of the ecosystem
* Solid knowledge of design patterns and data structures
* Familiarity with VCS (Git preferred)
* Proactive, self-directing, and good at estimating own work.
* Solid visual and verbal communication skills
* Authorization to work in the U.S.
* Experience with marine robotics such as Remotely Operated Vehicles or Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (ROV/AUV).
* Experience developing error-tolerant software drivers for hardware devices (Serial, USB, I2C, CAN, TCP/UDP).
* Experience with any of the following: SLAM, mobile robot navigation, 3 dimensional path planning and obstacle avoidance
* Ability to set up, perform, and debug bench-top tests with various sensors, boards, and electronic devices
* Experience creating tools for data visualization
* Experience with web development