[Discourse.ros.org] [Jobs] Senior Manipulation Scientist at Scaled Robotics
Scaled Robotics is a Barcelona-based startup transforming the construction industry with mobile 3D printing robots, backed by our industry partners and lead investor PERI.
We are a small group with very ambitious goals seeking a Manipulation Scientist to help test and further develop our prototype systems. You will be joining a tight knit team and play a large role in developing construction robots of the future.
The position involves a combination of R&D, software development, lab work and getting your hands dirty with onsite testing.
* Implement real time control software for 6.d.o.f arm.
* Implement state estimation for robotic manipulators.
* Implement position and force control algorithms for robotic manipulators.
* Implement planning and control algorithms for closing perception action loops for compliant and stiff actuators.
* Oversee onsite evaluation and testing.
* Take initiative and lead the systematic evaluation of algorithms.
* Masters/PhD in Robotics or Controls with experience in advanced control and planning techniques for high d.o.f systems; alternatively comparable industry career.
* 3+ years experience developing algorithms for compliant control, manipulation, state estimation and system identification.
* Experience working with different physics engines ODE, Bullet, MuJoCo HAPTIX.
* Experience working with different robotic manipulator hardware.
* Experienced Object Oriented Programmer in C++ and Python.
* Experience with commonly used packages ROS, Gazebo, MoveIt!
* Experience with version control (specifically GIT).
* Experience developing in Linux.
* Publications at top robotics conferences (RSS, ICRA, IROS, Humanoids).
* Goal oriented self-starter, analytical thinker, excellent team player, strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Bonus: knowledge of development in Xenomai.
* Bonus: Open Source Software development and deployment.
You can learn more about us at scaledrobotics.com E-mail your resume with Senior Manipulation Scientist in the subject to [hidden email]