The Bosch Robotics Team is looking for outstanding Masters or PhD level interns to
work on 3D perception applied to robotics. The task is to identify objects in a
cluttered environment and estimate their 3D position with high accuracy.
Cameras and laser scanners will be used. The objects might be metallic, highly
reflective, texture-less and otherwise hard to identify using conventional
techniques. Deep-learning based approaches will be considered.
As the ideal candidate you have strong technical skills, are willing to tackle
real-life problems and work in a highly dynamic team. You are also eager to
solve real life problems and go the extra mile to create robust solutions. We
strongly encourage producing research quality work that can lead to
* Currently pursuing a M.S. or PhD in CS, or related fields
* Robotics and/or computer vision-related coursework and experience
* Deep learning applied to object identification and pose estimation is a plus
* Proven experience developing software using C++ (Python is a plus) and ROS
* Knowledge of Linux and development on Linux systems
* Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within a highly-motivated team environment
* Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to deliver on challenging software development tasks
* Experience in one or more of the research areas indicated above.
Required Application Materials:
* Cover letter
* If possible, two references and/or two letters of recommendation