[Discourse.ros.org] [Maritime Robotics] USV Simulator

[Discourse.ros.org] [Maritime Robotics] USV Simulator

Ahmed Ali via ros-users

We are working on an unmanned surface vessel (USV) simulation to support the [Maritime RobotX challenge](https://www.robotx.org/).  We just did a one-day tutorial on the prototype simulation environment.  If you are interested:

 * [Setup and example instructions](https://wiki.nps.edu/display/RC/Clearpath+Robotics+Kingfisher+USV)
   Based on the Clearpath Kingfisher model, but we are working on building a model of the MAR WAM-V
 * [Three-day and one-day tutorials](https://wiki.nps.edu/display/ROSSC/Robotics+Operating+System+Short-Course+Home) for ROS beginners that uses the simulated USV as a case study

This is an active project, so we welcome pull requests and collaborators.

There are a lot of great maritime projects out there.  I'm hopeful people will announce new projects and share them with the community.

Brian

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/usv-simulator/3509/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Maritime Robotics] USV Simulator

Ahmed Ali via ros-users

@bsb808 Hi, bsb808. I am a member of OUXT polaris, Japanese RobotX team.
We are developing gazebo based wam-v simulation package in open source.(https://github.com/OUXT-Polaris/robotx_packages)
Please tell me your repository url.
Thank you!!

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/usv-simulator/3509/2) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Maritime Robotics] USV Simulator

Ahmed Ali via ros-users

There are a few packages listed in the..

[quote="bsb808, post:1, topic:3509"]
[Setup and example instructions](https://wiki.nps.edu/display/RC/Clearpath+Robotics+Kingfisher+USV)

[/quote]

wiki link above.  For Kinetic, the repositories are at...
    https://github.com/kf/kingfisher
    https://github.com/bsb808/usv_gazebo_plugins
    https://github.com/bsb808/kingfisher_gazebo/tree/kinetic-devel
    https://github.com/bsb808/geonav_transform

We are working on getting a WAM-V visual and dynamic model into Gazebo.  That should be coming soon, so if you'd like to contribute to that effort, please let me know.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/usv-simulator/3509/3) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Maritime Robotics] USV Simulator

Ahmed Ali via ros-users

Thank you!!
We have alrdady built a simple wam-v urdf.
It has no bumpers,springs...
You are building models with bumpers and springs??

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/usv-simulator/3509/4) or reply to this email to respond.