[Discourse.ros.org] [MoveIt!] World MoveIt! Day 2018

[Discourse.ros.org] [MoveIt!] World MoveIt! Day 2018

ruffsl via ros-users

![image|414x265](upload://xVP1GXeq6jk2xtMUxlRFR4R5Dmk.png)

Were excited to announce that this years World MoveIt! Day will be Thursday, October 25, 2018! The event is a day long international hackathon to improve the MoveIt! code base, documentation, and community. We hope to close as many pull requests and issues as possible and explore new areas of features and improvements building off of six years of dedicated work. We will be having several international event locations including:

* [Iron Ox](http://ironox.com/), San Francisco, USA

* [PickNik Consulting](https://picknik.ai/), Boulder, USA

* [Fraunhofer IPA](https://www.ipa.fraunhofer.de/en.html) / [RIC-EU](https://rosindustrial.org/ric-eu/), Stuttgart, Germany

* [ROS-Industrial Asian Pacific Consortium](http://rosindustrial.org/ric-apac/), Singapore

* [Tokyo Opensource Robotics Kyokai Association (TORK)](http://opensource-robotics.tokyo.jp/), Kashiwa, Japan (held on Friday, October 26!)

* [Southwest Research Institute](https://www.swri.org/), San Antonio, USA

Beyond these event locations, you are encouraged to have your own event in your lab/organization/company and video conference into all the other events. Please let us know your intention to join [here](https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdk_xMOVdqusdvT6vr5s6AnXV-GdtchCjrX-BXpyw642ahcBg/viewform?usp=sf_link)!

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/world-moveit-day-2018/5653/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [MoveIt!] World MoveIt! Day 2018

ruffsl via ros-users

The address on the TORK website is not in Kashiwa. Which location will it be? We could host up to 20 people in our office next to Tokyo University Hongo Campus if this year's location is not in central Tokyo otherwise.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/world-moveit-day-2018/5653/2) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [MoveIt!] World MoveIt! Day 2018

ruffsl via ros-users

Hi, I haven't noticed this post for a while, sorry.

We plan to host WMD at Todai Future Center, just in front of the Kashiwa-no-ha Campus station which is 30 min from Akihabara Station, where we already have Baxter, Sawer, Nextage, (Universal Robot) and few other unveiled MoveIt supported industrial robots. We want to make this year's event for developers. We expect several MoveIt! users who can share their work in this event.

And I believe WMD is not monopolistic event. It would be nice if you host another event at Hongo. Or you can just participate in ours. Either could be fun :slight_smile:

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/world-moveit-day-2018/5653/3) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [MoveIt!] World MoveIt! Day 2018

ruffsl via ros-users

It's more fun to be in a group and connect. If you say access is easy I might join you in Kashiwa.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/world-moveit-day-2018/5653/4) or reply to this email to respond.