[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Failed to load entry point for Command:ros2

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Failed to load entry point for Command:ros2

Dirk Thomas via ros-users

when I have installed and built ros2 beta 2 on the system of Win10 as the tutorials,the link is:https://github.com/ros2/ros2/wiki/Windows-Development-Setup
then run the demo:
> call install\local_setup.bat
> ros2 run demo_nodes_py talker
after,the output is:
Failed to load entry point 'start': DLL load failed:
Failed to load entry point 'status': DLL load failed:
Failed to load entry point 'stop': DLL load failed:
Failed to load entry point 'list': DLL load failed:
Failed to load entry point 'call': DLL load failed:
Failed to load entry point 'list': DLL load failed:
Failed to load entry point 'echo': DLL load failed:
Failed to load entry point 'list': DLL load failed:
Failed to load entry point 'pub': DLL load failed:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\dev\ros2\install\lib\demo_nodes_py\talker-script.py", line 11, in <module>
    load_entry_point('demo-nodes-py==0.0.0', 'console_scripts', 'talker')()
  File "C:\Progra~1\Python36\lib\site-packages\pkg_resources\__init__.py", line 564, in load_entry_point
    return get_distribution(dist).load_entry_point(group, name)
  File "C:\Progra~1\Python36\lib\site-packages\pkg_resources\__init__.py", line 2662, in load_entry_point
    return ep.load()
  File "C:\Progra~1\Python36\lib\site-packages\pkg_resources\__init__.py", line 2316, in load
    return self.resolve()
  File "C:\Progra~1\Python36\lib\site-packages\pkg_resources\__init__.py", line 2322, in resolve
    module = __import__(self.module_name, fromlist=['__name__'], level=0)
  File "C:\dev\ros2\install\Lib\site-packages\topics\talker.py", line 18, in <module>
    import rclpy
  File "C:\dev\ros2\install\Lib\site-packages\rclpy\__init__.py", line 18, in <module>
    from rclpy.impl.implementation_singleton import rclpy_implementation as _rclpy
  File "C:\dev\ros2\install\Lib\site-packages\rclpy\impl\implementation_singleton.py", line 32, in <module>
    rclpy_implementation = importlib.import_module('._rclpy', package='rclpy')
  File "C:\Progra~1\Python36\lib\importlib\__init__.py", line 126, in import_module
    return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
ImportError: DLL load failed:

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/failed-to-load-entry-point-for-command-ros2/2363/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Failed to load entry point for Command:ros2

Dirk Thomas via ros-users

Are you able to run the `talker` and `listener` demos mentioned in https://github.com/ros2/ros2/wiki/Windows-Development-Setup#testing-and-running ?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/failed-to-load-entry-point-for-command-ros2/2363/2) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Failed to load entry point for Command:ros2

No,I can't ! That problem is during that I run the talker & listener demo.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/failed-to-load-entry-point-for-command-ros2/2363/3) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Failed to load entry point for Command:ros2

Yeah, the release doesn't seem to work properly on Windows. I haven't been able to get it to work from the pinned release build.
However, since we at ASI use TwinOaks CoreDX as our DDS vendor, I manually compiled the R2B2 code against CoreDX and the talker/listener apps work properly.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/failed-to-load-entry-point-for-command-ros2/2363/4) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Failed to load entry point for Command:ros2

> No,I cant ! That problem is during that I run the talker & listener demo.

Sorry for being unclear. Can you please try to run the executable directly:

```
<prefix>/Lib/demo_nodes_py/talker.exe
```

Both - this command as well as the `ros2 run` invocation -  work for me using the released Beta 2 archive.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/failed-to-load-entry-point-for-command-ros2/2363/5) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Failed to load entry point for Command:ros2

It still can't work  I run the executable directly, But the windows cmd shell quickly flash across,I can't see anything!

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/failed-to-load-entry-point-for-command-ros2/2363/6) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Failed to load entry point for Command:ros2

> I run the executable directly, But the windows cmd shell quickly flash across,I cant see anything!

You need to open a command prompt, run the `local_setup.bat`, and then call the executable (as described in the wiki page) because it depends on environment variables set by the setup file before.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/failed-to-load-entry-point-for-command-ros2/2363/7) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Failed to load entry point for Command:ros2

@dirk-thomas:
It still is that problem!

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/failed-to-load-entry-point-for-command-ros2/2363/8) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Failed to load entry point for Command:ros2

Can you please provide some more information about exactly how it is failing for you? If you can provide enough information we can reproduce the problem you're having and help you resolve the issue, otherwise we're sort of guessing at what's going on on your system. It would be helpful if you could provide information on how you have setup your system, what you have installed where, and all the commands that you run with both the successful and unsuccessful outputs directly copied and pasted from your console. There are suggestions for asking good questions at: http://wiki.ros.org/Support if you need more information.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/failed-to-load-entry-point-for-command-ros2/2363/9) or reply to this email to respond.