[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Failure compiling builtin_interfaces with CoreDX middleware and latest ROS2 0.4.0

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Failure compiling builtin_interfaces with CoreDX middleware and latest ROS2 0.4.0

Pito Salas via ros-users

I've attempted to compile the current ROS2 release with my CoreDX middleware. I get this error when it gets to  builtin_interfaces: `/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lbuiltin_interfaces__rosidl_typesupport_coredx_c` . The error is thrown while linking builtin_interfaces_s__rosidl_typesupport_coredx_c.cpython-35m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so. I can't see any other errors, and rosidl_typesupport_coredx_c compiles without issue beforehand. Any ideas?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/failure-compiling-builtin-interfaces-with-coredx-middleware-and-latest-ros2-0-4-0/3477/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Failure compiling builtin_interfaces with CoreDX middleware and latest ROS2 0.4.0

Pito Salas via ros-users

I am not sure if this applies to the CoreDX rmw impl. but for the OpenSplice one we had to fix the handling of `builtin_interfaces` in the latest release. May the diff help to do something similar for CoreDX: https://github.com/ros2/rmw_opensplice/pull/217

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/failure-compiling-builtin-interfaces-with-coredx-middleware-and-latest-ros2-0-4-0/3477/2) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Failure compiling builtin_interfaces with CoreDX middleware and latest ROS2 0.4.0

Pito Salas via ros-users

It was a matter of not having the right coredx items included in rosidl_typesupport. We're good to go now. Thanks.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/failure-compiling-builtin-interfaces-with-coredx-middleware-and-latest-ros2-0-4-0/3477/3) or reply to this email to respond.