[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS 2.0 beta 2

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS 2.0 beta 2

Florian Friesdorf via ros-users

Hello,

I have used the first version of ROS for many years.

I have a new computer so I want to try the last version of ROS 2.0.

On the roadmap for ROS 2.0, we can see the planning for Beta 2 on June 14th, 2017.

Will we see this version in the next days or the next months ? In the first case, I will wait for this new version, in the second case I will install beta 1.

Thanks for reply

Tom

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-2-0-beta-2/1961/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS 2.0 beta 2

Florian Friesdorf via ros-users

Hi Tom,

We're a little bit behind. I think @Nate_Koenig is going to update the roadmap soon.

In the meantime, I can tell you we're doing a feature freeze tomorrow unless something slips, and we plan to release beta 2 within a few weeks. I think the current best guess is July 7th.

Also, you can always try our latest builds here:

http://ci.ros2.org/view/packaging/job/packaging_linux/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/

Cheers,

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-2-0-beta-2/1961/2) or reply to this email to respond.