[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 Navigation WG - Thursday 1/24/2019 2:00 pm Pacific (GMT-7:00)

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 Navigation WG - Thursday 1/24/2019 2:00 pm Pacific (GMT-7:00)

Risto Kojcev via Discourse.ros.org via ros-users

Thursday, January 24

2:00  3:00pm

Weekly on Thursday

[Join Hangouts Meet](https://meet.google.com/pzs-bjuq-gjn?hs=122)

![|16x16](https://discourse-cdn-sjc2.com/standard17/uploads/ros/original/2X/1/1ce8d11567955a7e38e3c6b7b1b043cf2747dbbb.png) [meet.google.com ](https://meet.google.com/pzs-bjuq-gjn)

![|192x192](https://discourse-cdn-sjc2.com/standard17/uploads/ros/original/2X/5/5d11dc53ea758530569b2dfcc58994c87c87874b.png)

### [Meet](https://meet.google.com/pzs-bjuq-gjn)

Join by phone

+1 423-588-1304 PIN: 426 363 201#

Please reply if you plan to attend.

Also, if you would like to be added to the Calendar notice, please message me with your email address.

Matt

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-navigation-wg-thursday-1-24-2019-2-00-pm-pacific-gmt-7-00/7586/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 Navigation WG - Thursday 1/24/2019 2:00 pm Pacific (GMT-7:00)

Risto Kojcev via Discourse.ros.org via ros-users

I will be there, although I may be an elevator ride late (I'm not sure if I can get into the building before 7am).

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-navigation-wg-thursday-1-24-2019-2-00-pm-pacific-gmt-7-00/7586/2) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 Navigation WG - Thursday 1/31/2019 2:00 pm Pacific (GMT-7:00)

Risto Kojcev via Discourse.ros.org via ros-users

Meeting again today 1/31. 2pm PST.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-navigation-wg-thursday-1-31-2019-2-00-pm-pacific-gmt-7-00/7586/3) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 Navigation WG - Thursday 2/7/2019 2:00 pm Pacific (GMT-7:00)

Risto Kojcev via Discourse.ros.org via ros-users

Updated for meeting on 2/7.

See you again this week, same bat time, same bat channel!

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-navigation-wg-thursday-2-7-2019-2-00-pm-pacific-gmt-7-00/7586/4) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 Navigation WG - Thursday 2/14/2019 2:00 pm Pacific (GMT-7:00)

Risto Kojcev via Discourse.ros.org via ros-users

Meeting again today, 2/14, 2pm Pacific.

Topics:
 - Crystal development branch and sync release
 - World Model Design
 - Lifecycle Node status

As usual, if you'd like to receive a weekly google calendar invite, message me and I'll add you.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-navigation-wg-thursday-2-14-2019-2-00-pm-pacific-gmt-7-00/7586/5) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 Navigation WG - Thursday 2:00 pm Pacific (GMT-7:00)

Risto Kojcev via Discourse.ros.org via ros-users

Meeting this Thursday 2/28, 2pm Pacific.

Message me with your email address if you want to receive the Google calendar invite.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-navigation-wg-thursday-2-00-pm-pacific-gmt-7-00/7586/6) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 Navigation WG - Thursday 2:00 pm Pacific (GMT-7:00)

Risto Kojcev via Discourse.ros.org via ros-users

Meeting notes from today, 3/7/19
https://docs.google.com/a/intel.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vQlAOYc_BJ8ulbS0_xSJCQaiSwsaUxPWol35XJSc_KbtyU9CZUAqIESVi-75hA0yjtS1JJxV0Iv-LpS/pub

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-navigation-wg-thursday-2-00-pm-pacific-gmt-7-00/7586/7) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 Navigation WG - Thursday 2:00 pm Pacific (GMT-7:00)

Risto Kojcev via Discourse.ros.org via ros-users

That link redirects to `sifederation.intel.com`, and results in `DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN`.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-navigation-wg-thursday-2-00-pm-pacific-gmt-7-00/7586/8) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 Navigation WG - Thursday 2:00 pm Pacific (GMT-7:00)

Risto Kojcev via Discourse.ros.org via ros-users

OK, well I tried the Google Docs "Publish to web" which I guess didn't work. Sorry. I had thought that would work. I won't try that again.. :roll_eyes:

Here they are.

**3/7/19 - ROS2 Navigation WG Notes**

Nav2 usage examples / tutorials needed

* Bringup on your robot
  * Similar to ROS1 Navigation tutorials
  * Also see Nav section of the book Quigley, Gerkey, et al
  * Create page link from main README
* Steve - PDF Navigation tuning guide
* Look to use GH Pages
* Carl will look at what OSRF is using for main ROS2 tutorials

Nav2 Dashing Roadmap - https://github.com/ros-planning/navigation2/issues/592

* Need to update each line with relevant issues &amp; PRs

* Add &ldquo;Help Wanted&rdquo; where needed

Real-time support

* ROS2 deadlines, liveliness
  * https://github.com/ros2/design/pull/212#pullrequestreview-209658977

* Meeting held yesterday, decision made to focus on Topics first, then Services and Actions later
  * Look for issue above to be updated
* Mike Jeronimo also working on some proposed enhancements to ROS2 rates and timers for monitoring if they&rsquo;re meeting deadlines

Linux Foundation RT kernel - full RT support will be available this Summer

* PREEMPT_RT will be &ldquo;built in&rdquo; and can be turned on / tuned on system without rebuilding

Safety certified Linux - Eliza project?

* Geoff will look for a link to send out

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-navigation-wg-thursday-2-00-pm-pacific-gmt-7-00/7586/9) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 Navigation WG - Thursday 2:00 pm Pacific (GMT-7:00)

Risto Kojcev via Discourse.ros.org via ros-users

https://elisa.tech/news/

They have significant industry backing and apparently a very large budget to work with.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-navigation-wg-thursday-2-00-pm-pacific-gmt-7-00/7586/10) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 Navigation WG - Thursday 2:00 pm Pacific (GMT-7:00)

Risto Kojcev via Discourse.ros.org via ros-users

[quote="mkhansen, post:9, topic:7586"]

Linux Foundation RT kernel - full RT support will be available this Summer

* PREEMPT_RT will be built in and can be turned on / tuned on system without rebuilding

Safety certified Linux - Eliza project?

* Geoff will look for a link to send out

[/quote]

Due to resource limitations, we're not directly involved in the nav. stack @mkhansen however we're very interested on getting some alignment here, specially with regard our ongoing work on MoveIt! 2.

+1 to the ELISA project, we recently joined the initiative and seems to be rather well oriented.

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-navigation-wg-thursday-2-00-pm-pacific-gmt-7-00/7586/11) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 Navigation WG - Thursday 2:00 pm Pacific (GMT-7:00)

Risto Kojcev via Discourse.ros.org via ros-users

Ive been talking with @davetcoleman semi-regularly regarding our Nav2 work, and he attended the WG yesterday. I'm glad to hear about the MoveIt! 2 project happening too. Let me know what alignment you're looking for, and I'm happy to collaborate.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-navigation-wg-thursday-2-00-pm-pacific-gmt-7-00/7586/12) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 Navigation WG - Thursday 3:00 pm Pacific (GMT-7:00)

Risto Kojcev via Discourse.ros.org via ros-users

Update, due to Daylight Saving time in the US, we're pushing back the WG to 3pm to allow for participants in the Asian continent.

We're meeting today 3/21 at 3pm Pacific.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-navigation-wg-thursday-3-00-pm-pacific-gmt-7-00/7586/13) or reply to this email to respond.