[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 Setting severity level for a named logger

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 Setting severity level for a named logger

Dirk Thomas via ros-users

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to set the severity level on a named logger? Right now I'm using rcutils_logging_set_severity_threshold() but that's setting it globally so I'm getting both my node level DEBUG output as well as rmw_fastrtps_cpp.  I'd like a way to set it for just my node.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-setting-severity-level-for-a-named-logger/2517/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 Setting severity level for a named logger

Dirk Thomas via ros-users

No, not at the moment.

This will require us to either pick an existing library or implement our own map-like data structure in C.

The feature is listed on the [roadmap](https://github.com/ros2/ros2/wiki/Roadmap) but not scheduled for a specific milestone yet.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-setting-severity-level-for-a-named-logger/2517/2) or reply to this email to respond.