[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Ros2 beta2 on mac crashes with "Address already in use"

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Ros2 beta2 on mac crashes with "Address already in use"

Dirk Thomas via ros-users

I built ros2 beta2 from sources on a mac and when trying examples, the execution fails:

ros2 run demo_nodes_cpp talker
libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type std::__1::system_error: set_option: Address already in use

Anyone experienced this? Any idea how to fix this?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-beta2-on-mac-crashes-with-address-already-in-use/2234/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Ros2 beta2 on mac crashes with "Address already in use"

Dirk Thomas via ros-users

Hi we had the same case on linux in case a network interface had an alias set. We simply removed the alias an the fast rtps middle worked.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-beta2-on-mac-crashes-with-address-already-in-use/2234/2) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Ros2 beta2 on mac crashes with "Address already in use"

I'm not aware of any aliases set, however the mac has bunch of network interfaces defined, but only one (wifi) is active.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-beta2-on-mac-crashes-with-address-already-in-use/2234/3) or reply to this email to respond.