[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Ros2 beta2 on mac crashes with "Address already in use"

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Ros2 beta2 on mac crashes with "Address already in use"

Thilo Zimmermann via ros-users

I built ros2 beta2 from sources on a mac and when trying examples, the execution fails:

ros2 run demo_nodes_cpp talker
libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type std::__1::system_error: set_option: Address already in use

Anyone experienced this? Any idea how to fix this?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-beta2-on-mac-crashes-with-address-already-in-use/2234/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Ros2 beta2 on mac crashes with "Address already in use"

Thilo Zimmermann via ros-users

Hi we had the same case on linux in case a network interface had an alias set. We simply removed the alias an the fast rtps middle worked.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-beta2-on-mac-crashes-with-address-already-in-use/2234/2) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Ros2 beta2 on mac crashes with "Address already in use"

Thilo Zimmermann via ros-users

I'm not aware of any aliases set, however the mac has bunch of network interfaces defined, but only one (wifi) is active.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-beta2-on-mac-crashes-with-address-already-in-use/2234/3) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Ros2 beta2 on mac crashes with "Address already in use"

Thilo Zimmermann via ros-users

For me, on OS X, it was caused by being connected to a VPN. This error should only occur with fastrtps as the RMW implementation. It's being tracked upstream at https://github.com/eProsima/Fast-RTPS/issues/77

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-beta2-on-mac-crashes-with-address-already-in-use/2234/4) or reply to this email to respond.