[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] SoC boards supporting ros 2

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] SoC boards supporting ros 2

Jonathan Binney via ros-users

How can I choose a ARM SoC development board which can support the latest release of ros2 beta ? I have a udoo neo board(https://www.udoo.org/udoo-neo/) where i tried to install ros 2 alpha 6 (as the latest official OS of the board supports ubuntu trusty) but it showed various library errors, even though  ros 2 alpha 6 was successfully installed in a desktop running ubuntu 14.04.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/soc-boards-supporting-ros-2/2831/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] SoC boards supporting ros 2

Jonathan Binney via ros-users

You should be able to install ROS 2 (not limited to beta but any version in fact) in the UDOO NEO. We've been doing so for quite a while already with a number of different SBCs.

[quote="sagniknitr, post:1, topic:2831"]
but it showed various library errors
[/quote]

Which errors? Can you paste them here?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/soc-boards-supporting-ros-2/2831/2) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] SoC boards supporting ros 2

Jonathan Binney via ros-users

@vmayoral Hi...could you please refer me some tutorials on installing ros 2 in udoo neo.Are you using the ARM version of ubuntu xenial(16.04) in your udoo ? My neo currently runs the udoobuntu 2.1.4( ubuntu 14.04.05) ..

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/soc-boards-supporting-ros-2/2831/3) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] SoC boards supporting ros 2

Jonathan Binney via ros-users

@sagniknitr best tutorial is https://github.com/ros2/ros2/wiki/Linux-Development-Setup. Getting it done in your embedded file system depends highly on which libraries you have, setup, etc. I don't particularly have a step-by-step process for you and your system.

Again, if you have particular issues, feel free to post them and someone might be able to help you.

Cheers,

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/soc-boards-supporting-ros-2/2831/4) or reply to this email to respond.