[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Syncronized callbacks in ROS2

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Syncronized callbacks in ROS2

Florian Friesdorf via ros-users

Hello,
while playing with the beta wanted to create a callback on two topics.
In ROS it is possible through the message_filters package e.g.

  message_filters::Subscriber<Image> image1_sub(nh, "image1", 1);
  message_filters::Subscriber<Image> image2_sub(nh, "image2", 1);
  TimeSynchronizer<Image, Image> sync(image1_sub, image2_sub, 10);
  sync.registerCallback(boost::bind(&callback, _1, _2));

i don't know if this is possible in ROS2 yet? I couldn't find anything in the demos.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/syncronized-callbacks-in-ros2/2015/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Syncronized callbacks in ROS2

Florian Friesdorf via ros-users

That's one of the parts that hasn't been ported/migrated to ROS2 yet.  It's definitely in the cards, we just haven't had time to do it.  If you are up for it, contributions are welcome.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/syncronized-callbacks-in-ros2/2015/2) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Syncronized callbacks in ROS2

Florian Friesdorf via ros-users

I just happened to see this thread while trying to find out ROS2 message filter solution.
@clalancette, I saw the ros_astra_camera project code, and have one question.
Is the file astra_camera_nodelet.cpp used ?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/syncronized-callbacks-in-ros2/2015/3) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Syncronized callbacks in ROS2

Florian Friesdorf via ros-users

@clalancette, if I want to do the porting job, which branch should be my start point?

thank you
Peter Han

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/syncronized-callbacks-in-ros2/2015/4) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Syncronized callbacks in ROS2

Florian Friesdorf via ros-users

@Peter9606 usually we do a port on a branch, then PR into `ros2`.

If you are porting, do keep in mind that some of the changes can be upstreamed, so they should be done in separate commits (`package.xml` migration, `tf2` migration, de-boostifying, etc) and a PR likely filed upstream so that the ROS1 side of things can be improved.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/syncronized-callbacks-in-ros2/2015/5) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Syncronized callbacks in ROS2

Florian Friesdorf via ros-users

@allenh1 Thank you for you kindly reminders.
I'm afraid I didn't put my question clear.
Let me take message_filters as an example, if I want to port message_filters to ROS2, which branch I should forked from the ros_comm project. lunar_devel or kinetic_devel or some else, as there are too much branch.

Regards,
Peter Han

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/syncronized-callbacks-in-ros2/2015/6) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Syncronized callbacks in ROS2

Florian Friesdorf via ros-users

I would recommend to always fork from the latest branch.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/syncronized-callbacks-in-ros2/2015/7) or reply to this email to respond.