[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Trouble opening package in qtcreator

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Trouble opening package in qtcreator

I realized today that I can't open any CMakeLists.txt from any ros2 packages in qtcreator anymore. This worked for me until two weeks ago.

For example if I try opening this package: https://github.com/firesurfer/ros2_simple_logger/
I do the following:

1. Open a shell
2. Source the ros2 workspace
3. Build the workspace the package is in
4. Source this workspace
5. In this terminal I open qtcreator
6. Then I configure the build folder into a seperate folder (for example qt_build/ros2_simple_logger)
7. I run into this error:

-- Found fastrtps_cmake_module: 0.0.2 (/home/firesurfer/workspace/ros2_ws/install/share/fastrtps_cmake_module/cmake)
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.7/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:138 (message):
  Could NOT find FastRTPS (missing: FastRTPS_INCLUDE_DIR FastRTPS_LIBRARIES)

Any tipps what I can do in order to resolve this issue?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/trouble-opening-package-in-qtcreator/2196/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Trouble opening package in qtcreator

Dirk Thomas via ros-users

This looks similar to the issue reported [here](https://github.com/ros2/ros2/issues/376#issuecomment-313835630),
Can you try running ```export CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=$AMENT_PREFIX_PATH:$CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH``` between step 4 and 5 and report here with the outcome ?

Thanks!

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/trouble-opening-package-in-qtcreator/2196/2) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Trouble opening package in qtcreator

[quote="marguedas, post:2, topic:2196"]
export CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=$AMENT_PREFIX_PATH:$CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH
[/quote]

That's it. Works fine now.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/trouble-opening-package-in-qtcreator/2196/3) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Trouble opening package in qtcreator

Wouldn't it be possible to integrate this step into the setup script of the workspace? I think its quite annoying to do this by hand.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/trouble-opening-package-in-qtcreator/2196/4) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Trouble opening package in qtcreator

The current setup files only set/update environment variables in order to "run" the ROS 2 packages.

There might be separate scripts in the future to setup the environment for building (see https://github.com/ament/ament_tools/issues/76). For now you have to set the `CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH` manually.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/trouble-opening-package-in-qtcreator/2196/5) or reply to this email to respond.