Quantcast

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS/Troubleshooting] Subscription topic not connecting to sensor output data

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS/Troubleshooting] Subscription topic not connecting to sensor output data

flobotics robotics via ros-users

Hi @vdiluoffo,

I tried your code on my machine and the callback is called every time a message is received. Could you give more detail about your configuration? (version of the code, rmw_implementation used).
How are you publishing your images?

Note: I tested it running `cam2image -b` in a terminal and your code sample in another one.

Cheers,
Mikael

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/subscription-topic-not-connecting-to-sensor-output-data/1245/2) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS/Troubleshooting] Subscription topic not connecting to sensor output data

flobotics robotics via ros-users

Hi Mikael,
Thanks for your reply and interesting on your results.
1) Beta 1 using RTI 5.2.5 on Linux 16.04
2) I tried both FRTPS and Connext with same results
3) I was using Turtlebot_demo code from here: https://github.com/ros2/turtlebot2_demo
4) The camera is astra camera
5) Follower works with connext
6) Line 132, 133 from astra_driver.cpp:
pub_depth_raw_ = nh_->create_publisher<sensor_msgs::msg::Image>("image", rmw_qos_profile_sensor_data);
    this->depthConnectCb();
The node is up with starting depth stream
7) Ok tried your test and works with both FRTPS and Connext

Thanks
Vince

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/subscription-topic-not-connecting-to-sensor-output-data/1245/3) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS/Troubleshooting] Subscription topic not connecting to sensor output data

flobotics robotics via ros-users

Another test that I did was run the showimage with astra camera publishing. That worked, but the image window was very grainy and gray. No picture was shown.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/subscription-topic-not-connecting-to-sensor-output-data/1245/4) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS/Troubleshooting] Subscription topic not connecting to sensor output data

flobotics robotics via ros-users

I was also looking at the difference between orbbec/ros_astra_camera and ros2/ros_astra_camera ( forked from orbbec/ros_astra_camera), It seems that these aren't sync'd. The CMakeLists.txt is pulling from  GIT_REPOSITORY https://github.com/tfoote/OpenNI2.git for ros2/ros_astra_camera and GIT_REPOSITORY https://github.com/orbbec/OpenNI2.git for orbbec/ros_astra_camera. Is this correct? Also no issue tab on https://github.com/ros2/ros_astra_camera site

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/subscription-topic-not-connecting-to-sensor-output-data/1245/5) or reply to this email to respond.