[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Underlying DDS library being exported when it shouldn't be

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Underlying DDS library being exported when it shouldn't be

Charles Fox via ros-users

I could use some help fixing this warning:

    CMake Warning at /home/brannon/ros2b3/share/rmw_coredx_cpp/cmake/ament_cmake_export_libraries-extras.cmake:62 (message):
      Package 'rmw_coredx_cpp' exports the library
      'BuildAgents/BuildAgent2-Work/1e20a6e96c2be131/install/coredx-4.0.20/target/Linux_2.6_x86_64_gcc43/lib/libdds_rpc_cpp.so'
      which doesn't exist

libdds* are the compiled CoreDX libraries. I believe that I don't need them cmake-exported. (I need them present on the machine, but they don't need to be in the same path that the build server used for things to work correctly.) It appears that somebody tried to fix this in rmw_opensplice recently. Please see the cmake files in this repository: https://github.com/asirobots/rmw_coredx

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/underlying-dds-library-being-exported-when-it-shouldnt-be/2800/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Underlying DDS library being exported when it shouldn't be

Charles Fox via ros-users

The file `ament_cmake_export_libraries-extras.cmake` gets its information from this call in the `rmw_coredx` package: https://github.com/asirobots/rmw_coredx/blob/fffe64adc36a8016459c95e9c54a5feec50b1b0c/rmw_coredx_cpp/CMakeLists.txt#L82

I assume the second part (`${CoreDX_LIBRARIES}`) is the library `libdds_rpc_cpp.so` you are seeing here? I am not sure if you can just remove it from being exported - you can give it a try.

If that doesn't work you probably want to export the library names instead of their absolute paths.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/underlying-dds-library-being-exported-when-it-shouldnt-be/2800/2) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Underlying DDS library being exported when it shouldn't be

Charles Fox via ros-users

If you end up needing to export the libraries, here's a PR from `rmw_fastrtps_cpp` showing how we avoided full paths: https://github.com/ros2/rmw_fastrtps/pull/128/files

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/underlying-dds-library-being-exported-when-it-shouldnt-be/2800/3) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Underlying DDS library being exported when it shouldn't be

Charles Fox via ros-users

Thanks for the quick suggestions and good support on this. I have it fixed. Following your suggestions, I modified the problematic line to look like this:
    ament_export_libraries(rmw_coredx_cpp)
    list(APPEND rmw_coredx_cpp_LIBRARIES ${CoreDX_LIBRARIES})

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/underlying-dds-library-being-exported-when-it-shouldnt-be/2800/4) or reply to this email to respond.