[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] "rostopic" command for ROS2?

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] "rostopic" command for ROS2?

Dirk Thomas via ros-users

Dear developers and users of ROS2,

here is another "naive" question from me:

Is there already some tools or APIs that can help me see the currently active Topics in an existing ROS2 network? Something like the `rostopic` command in ROS1?

thanks for any answer!

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/rostopic-command-for-ros2/2565/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] "rostopic" command for ROS2?

Dirk Thomas via ros-users

[quote="Kloping, post:1, topic:2565"]
Is there already some tools or APIs that can help me see the currently active Topics in an existing ROS2 network?
[/quote]

Yes, `ros2 topic`. All command line tools are provided through `ros2 ...`.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/rostopic-command-for-ros2/2565/2) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] "rostopic" command for ROS2?

There is also a sample in the wiki about ros2 command line tools. Maybe you will find this useful:

[Introspection with command line tools](https://github.com/ros2/ros2/wiki/Introspection-with-command-line-tools)

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/rostopic-command-for-ros2/2565/3) or reply to this email to respond.