[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management] Can we fix rsync for packages.ros.org

[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management] Can we fix rsync for packages.ros.org

Jonathan Binney via ros-users

Yes I know you want people to use apt-mirror but I can't. I need to run a mirror on a production machine that is CentOS based and has tight restrictions. This mirror uses rsync to mirror third party repositories. This is efficient and trusted.

I can rsync all parts of ros.org except for the packages because the packages directory is a link that is not followed by the rsync server. You can test this using the command: rsync -azv rsync.osuosl.org::ros/packages.ros.org/ros/ubuntu  /tmp/ros

I have made a request to osuosl.org to fix this since all their other hosted projects support rsync but they have implied that the server is controlled by OSRF. So can you guys fix this?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/can-we-fix-rsync-for-packages-ros-org/2767/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management] Can we fix rsync for packages.ros.org

Jonathan Binney via ros-users

We saw your request and are working with OSUOSL to turn on support for accessing the ftp repository via the osuosl rsync interface for your use case.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/can-we-fix-rsync-for-packages-ros-org/2767/2) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management] Can we fix rsync for packages.ros.org

Jonathan Binney via ros-users

Thanks Tully, this will be really great!

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/can-we-fix-rsync-for-packages-ros-org/2767/3) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management] Can we fix rsync for packages.ros.org

Jonathan Binney via ros-users

Has there been progress on this? I was hoping this would be resolved with a configuration file change.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/can-we-fix-rsync-for-packages-ros-org/2767/4) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management] Can we fix rsync for packages.ros.org

Jonathan Binney via ros-users

We've made the request but I haven't heard an ETA from OSUOSL for resolving the error. I don't know if it's a matter of changing a config or if all the files will need to be shuffled.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/can-we-fix-rsync-for-packages-ros-org/2767/5) or reply to this email to respond.