[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Indigo] Preparing for Indigo Sync 2017-07-24

[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Indigo] Preparing for Indigo Sync 2017-07-24

Dirk Thomas via ros-users

We're close to having another set of packages available for indigo.

Reviewing the [detected regressions](http://build.ros.org/view/Ibin_uT64/job/Isrc_uT__jsk_apc2015_common__ubuntu_trusty__source/)  I found 2 root causes.

1. jsk_apc2015_common is continuing to fail to build sourcedebs, and in recent releases it has been added as a dependency. @k-okada
2. There is a moved header in grid_map_ros breaking cost_map_ros I've filed tickets upstream https://github.com/ethz-asl/grid_map/issues/111 and downstream: https://github.com/stonier/cost_map/issues/44  @stonier @pfankhauser

Since we have over 200 packages to sync I don't want to wait too long we may need to sync with these regressions. Without response I may attempt to roll back the grid_map changes too.

If there's anything else I should be aware of please reply here.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/preparing-for-indigo-sync-2017-07-24/2286/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Indigo] Preparing for Indigo Sync 2017-07-24

Dirk Thomas via ros-users

Thanks for the heads up, @tfoote! A fix for the backward compatibility for grid_map is underway: https://github.com/ethz-asl/grid_map/pull/112. I hope to get this in before the sync.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/preparing-for-indigo-sync-2017-07-24/2286/2) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Indigo] Preparing for Indigo Sync 2017-07-24

Thanks for the quick work and replies @k-okada @stonier @pfankhauser

The sync is out: https://discourse.ros.org/t/new-packages-for-indigo-2017-07-25/2306/1

As well as for Kinetic: https://discourse.ros.org/t/new-packages-for-kinetic-2017-07-25/2307/1

Re: https://discourse.ros.org/t/preparing-for-kinetic-sync-2017-07-24/2287/1

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/preparing-for-indigo-sync-2017-07-24/2286/3) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Indigo] Preparing for Indigo Sync 2017-07-24

Great, I'm glad we got this resolved quickly, thank you for your work!

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/preparing-for-indigo-sync-2017-07-24/2286/4) or reply to this email to respond.