[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Indigo] Preparing for Indigo sync #2 in 2017-06

[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Indigo] Preparing for Indigo sync #2 in 2017-06

Florian Friesdorf via ros-users

We [just saw public sync](https://discourse.ros.org/t/new-packages-for-indigo-2017-06-01/1887/1) for Indigo. It'd be great if we can know in advance when the next sync is planned.

Among others, personally I want `rosdoc_lite` to be synced for [this fix](https://github.com/ros-infrastructure/rosdoc_lite/pull/74).

Thanks.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/preparing-for-indigo-sync-2-in-2017-06/1953/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Indigo] Preparing for Indigo sync #2 in 2017-06

Florian Friesdorf via ros-users

In general we try to run syncs every 2 weeks. Sometimes if there's known issues or other activities going on it can stretch out to a month or so between syncs.

If you'd like a package to be in the next sync, please make an effort to push it out as soon as it's ready such that it will get soak time in the testing repository before being deployed.

The goal of having the periodic syncs from testing to main is that the code gets time to be tested. So we don't want the sync announcements to trigger a flurry of releases. As such as soon as we start preparing for a sync optimally there would be no new packages released except for fixes to regressions identified in testing. We generally don't enforce this, but practice this for core packages doing our best to make new releases shortly after syncs to give as much testing time as possible before the full public release.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/preparing-for-indigo-sync-2-in-2017-06/1953/2) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Indigo] Indigo sync #2 in 2017-06?

Florian Friesdorf via ros-users

Thank you for clarification.

Assuming you prefer to saving the thread title "`Preparing for sync XXX`" for your announcement purpose, I changed this thread title.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/indigo-sync-2-in-2017-06/1953/3) or reply to this email to respond.