[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Kinetic] Preparing for Kinetic Sync 2017-10-02

[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Kinetic] Preparing for Kinetic Sync 2017-10-02

Jonathan Binney via ros-users

Kinetic Maintainers,

We have ~80 new and updated packages. I've identified one regression on Jessie amd64 for pointgrey_camera_driver. I've ticket that at: https://github.com/ros-drivers/pointgrey_camera_driver/issues/145 @Mike_Purvis  since this is a potential issue with availability of binary blobs from external sources unless you think this is resolvable in the short term I'm not planning to gate the sync on that regression.

If anyone else knows of an issue that should be considered before the sync please reply here. Otherwise I'll plan to sync on Wednesday.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/preparing-for-kinetic-sync-2017-10-02/2821/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Kinetic] Preparing for Kinetic Sync 2017-10-02

Jonathan Binney via ros-users

We're almost ready for this sync. However it's being delayed by some long running jobs (10+ hours) that have been restarted due to resource changes on the buildfarm infrastructure. And with a 10 hour cycle time it's a little slow going.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/preparing-for-kinetic-sync-2017-10-02/2821/2) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Kinetic] Preparing for Kinetic Sync 2017-10-02

Jonathan Binney via ros-users

The sync [is out](https://discourse.ros.org/t/new-packages-for-kinetic-2017-10-07/2868?u=tfoote). The regression on pointgrey_camera_driver was resolved for most platforms, but there was a regression on Jessie amd64 which is ticketed here: https://github.com/ros-drivers/pointgrey_camera_driver/issues/147

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/preparing-for-kinetic-sync-2017-10-02/2821/3) or reply to this email to respond.