[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Kinetic] Preparing for Kinetic Sync 2017-10-26

[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Kinetic] Preparing for Kinetic Sync 2017-10-26

Saurabh Bansal via ros-users

Kinetic maintainers we have close to 100 packages ready to sync. However there are a few regressions detected.

I've identified 2 root cause packages that are causing a handfull of regressions:

 - https://github.com/ROBOTIS-GIT/dynamixel-workbench/issues/77
 - https://github.com/ROBOTIS-GIT/DynamixelSDK/issues/136

@Pyo If you could take a look at these I'd like to reevaluate early next week for a sync mid week.

There are a few other packages that are in flight or needed a poke due to hung or lagging builds. I expect them to be caught up by early next week as well.

If there are any other issues we should be tracking for an upcoming Kinetic sync, please reply here.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/preparing-for-kinetic-sync-2017-10-26/3024/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Kinetic] Preparing for Kinetic Sync 2017-10-26

Saurabh Bansal via ros-users

Thanks, @tfoote
I'm sorry to make an issue. If the sync job is not urgent right now, please give me time until next Monday. :slight_smile:

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/preparing-for-kinetic-sync-2017-10-26/3024/2) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Kinetic] Preparing for Kinetic Sync 2017-10-26

Saurabh Bansal via ros-users

It's not urgent, just periodic. Early next week will be fine.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/preparing-for-kinetic-sync-2017-10-26/3024/3) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Kinetic] Preparing for Kinetic Sync 2017-10-26

Saurabh Bansal via ros-users

@Pyo I saw a new release come out but it still has some missing dependencies. I went ahead with the [sync](https://discourse.ros.org/t/new-packages-for-kinetic/3059?u=tfoote). If a new version is released soon we can do a catchup sync to restore the packages.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/preparing-for-kinetic-sync-2017-10-26/3024/4) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Kinetic] Preparing for Kinetic Sync 2017-10-26

Saurabh Bansal via ros-users

@tfoote, Thank you for your efforts.
As the number of ROS packages we are developing grows, it is true that I have not been able to check them properly. In the future, our team will take this part more seriously. We plan to use @130s recommended CI functionality for all packages and manage each package more closely. I expect some packages with issues to be back in the next sync.
Thanks. :slight_smile:

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/preparing-for-kinetic-sync-2017-10-26/3024/5) or reply to this email to respond.