[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Kinetic] Preparing for Kinetic Sync 2017-12-21

[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Kinetic] Preparing for Kinetic Sync 2017-12-21

Thilo Zimmermann via ros-users

We have 83 Kinetic packages ready to go too. Auditing the builds I've found two regressions.

https://github.com/cra-ros-pkg/robot_localization/issues/392 @Tom_Moore is looking at this one already.

And the recent gazebo release is missing on Jessie: https://github.com/ros/rosdistro/pull/16569 I'm working with @jrivero to resolve that.

There is also the open issue for OpenCV that we hope to land the new release from upstream in the next sync. https://github.com/ros-perception/vision_opencv/issues/193

If there's anything else for us to track please reply here.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/preparing-for-kinetic-sync-2017-12-21/3513/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Kinetic] Preparing for Kinetic Sync 2017-12-21

Thilo Zimmermann via ros-users

I don't seeopencv in the list of updated packages, and [vision_opencv/#193](https://github.com/ros-perception/vision_opencv/issues/193) is still open but upstream [opencv/#10299](https://github.com/opencv/opencv/pull/10299) is merged.

What does this mean in terms of resolving the opencv build issues? Can we expect it in the next sync?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/preparing-for-kinetic-sync-2017-12-21/3513/2) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Kinetic] Preparing for Kinetic Sync 2017-12-21

Thilo Zimmermann via ros-users

It is not resolved in the sync which went out today. I'd like to see a new OpenCV release soon so we can have some testing time in the next cycle to verify that the problem is solved and that there aren't new issues.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/preparing-for-kinetic-sync-2017-12-21/3513/3) or reply to this email to respond.